Friday, March 24, 2017

Residual Mormons

On Facebook recently a friend of mine advised another friend (her husband) to purge his Facebook of all "residual Mormons" because Mormons are insane.

I'm proud to be a residual Mormon.


5 In athat day shall the Lord of hosts be for a crown of bglory, and for a diadem of beauty, unto the residue of his people.

Isaiah 28:5.

This fits perfectly with my blog title the Hosts of Heaven and almost seems like a fulfillment of prophesy. I would love to be counted as a residual Mormon, the residue of His people. 

“It is almost impossible to write fiction about the Mormons, for the reason that Mormon institutions and Mormon society are so peculiar that they call for constant explanation.”

Wallace Stegner, Mormon Country (as quoted here: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeterson/2017/03/deliberately-writing-fiction-mormons.html)

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

1 Peter 2: 9

If you want to call me insane, that's fine. I'll be a member of the peculiar people.
But maybe I act differently because of what I understand. You would act differently too if your understanding were the same. 


         Oh, when the saints
Go marching in
Oh, when the saints go marching in
Oh how I want to be in that number
When the saints go marching in...


No comments:

Post a Comment